Our mission is to work towards ending all types of abuse in Muslim families by increasing awareness regarding the dynamics of domestic violence. We believe that a better understanding of religious and cultural values can be used as a resource to prevent domestic violence, and that religion and culture should never be used to justify abusive behavior. Through education and training, we seek to promote attitudes and beliefs that emphasize justice, freedom from oppression, and family harmony. Towards that end, PFP’s objectives are:
- To work towards ending all types of abuse, including emotional, spiritual, physical, and sexual abuse in Muslim families
- To facilitate domestic violence awareness workshops in cities across the United States for Muslim leaders and communities
- To provide cultural sensitivity trainings for service providers and professionals
- To conduct research regarding domestic violence in Muslim families
- To develop and disseminate educational resources regarding abuse in Muslim communities
- To learn more about PFP’s perspective on maintaining peaceful families, please view the introduction to our book: Change From Within: Diverse Perspectives on Domestic Violence in Muslim Communities.